Friday, May 22, 2009

Acknowledgement to Tun from PKR's program director

By Din Merican

I personally reserve my judgment. I am too close to be completely objective since I was part of his Administration and he was once my boss. I had also the benefit of learning good business management skills from working for him in the 1970s.

History will be a better judge of his achievements and policy failures. But there is no doubt in my own mind that Tun Dr. Mahathir is a superb politician and an intellectual with strong work ethics. Some of us may not like his politics because of his Machiavellian streak. But we must at least acknowledge that it was the Tun who put our country on the world map.

I have of late been critical, especially his performance at the Lingam Tape hearings but overall, I am an admirer of the man’s intellect, guts and strong convictions. There is no one from his generation who has done more for our country than this illustrious Malaysian son from Kedah.

No comments: