Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mat Ngantuk@Bapa Ketiduran strikes back!!!

I know when to go: Abdullah

By The Star News Team


KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi acknowledged that there are some quarters in Umno who wanted to push him out of office sooner but says he knows when to go.

“Nak kacau saya buat apa pulak (Why the need to bother me)? I know what I am supposed to do and I will do what I want to do. There is no need to disturb me,” he told reporters Tuesday.

Abdullah was responding to a question whether he felt offended that some within the party were trying to push him to announce the date to hand over the prime ministership to his deputy Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

During the nomination period for the party polls, Najib won the Umno presidency uncontested and will take over the party leadership on Thursday night when the official results are announced.

Abdullah delivered his last closed door briefing as Umno president to party grassroots leaders and delegates for the general assembly on Tuesday.

Asked how he felt about it being his last closed door session, Abdullah said he “totally forgot” it was his final one when he was speaking.

“I was just as happy as I am (normally) when I have been have speaking to them. That’s not a problem. I am not the sentimental type,” he said.

To another question, Abdullah said he did not feel sad at all about handing over the party’s leadership to Najib.

“I would be happy to see Umno doing well and I would be happy if the Umno people are very happy.

“But if they all cry then perhaps I will also follow them and cry, but I don’t believe I will,” he quipped.

No comments: